Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A day in the life

"And would you like a soup or salad tonight?" Drew had on the best smile he could muster. He was busy, he had four other tables and they all needed shit too and this guy liked to the sound of his own voice. "A super salad? That sounds great!"
When he walked back in the kitchen, Katie was bitching, "Can you believe that asshole drank like five sodas, made me get him two refills of popovers," her hand went to her hip, "which I didn't charge him for, and still only left me fifteen percent?" At least she didn't have mister you better laugh at all my jokes because I'm wearing cowboy boots even though I'm not going to tip you worth a shit anyways. While Drew was getting cream and sugar for the guy's coffee, Ryan came rushing behind him with a tray of drinks and a big smile, "Coming on your backside!" Whether it was that big contagious smile, the thought of drinks after the shift, or that beautiful visual Ryan provided him, Drew couldn't help but cheer up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment